What a fun weekend!  Friday evening, Will and I set off for the wedding of one of the Soldiers in his unit.  There were a grand total of FOUR people from the unit who showed (one.two.three.four).  I think it may have hurt this guy’s feelings and I certainly know it hurt mine for him.  He is one of the active duty guys so no one from the armory that he works with day in and day out went.  It wasn’t that far from us, but we chose to make it a long weekend to relax and have some fun so we stayed.

We got into town about 8:30 Friday night and checked into our hotel.  We got freshened up and our friends M&T, who live in town, drove over to pick us up to take us out for the evening.  What.A.Blast.  Back in “the day” M & I used to line dance, so we went dancing.  I had on my jeans and boots and we danced like I haven’t danced in a long, long time.  If my awkwardness and missed steps didn’t show everyone I haven’t danced in a long time, my huffing, puffing and wheezing clued them in.  I thought I was going to lose consciousness (that’s what being out of shape does to you).  We enjoyed a lot of  mega amounts ofsome frosty pitchers and some J-E-L-L-O.  Will sucks at pool.  He always has, but even more when he’s had a few to drink. No, I don’t play any better.  Me? I played darts.  Yup. Just as scary as it sounds.  I have no idea what game I chose to play (electronic darts), but I know it was longer than my attention span allowed for.  Oh, yeah.  No points when your darts stick into the wall or carpet.  Somehow it doesn’t calculate the points for near misses of passers by either.  (shrug)  I enjoyed meeting M&Ts friends and we had a fantabuloso time.   We got back to the hotel at 3:30 a.m.  I needed a shower something terrible and after weighing the odds of if I could really drown myself in the shower after an evening of liquid pleasure, I decided to risk it.  I couldn’t wake up smelling like the bar we had been at.  No sooner had I turned the shower on I heard Will snoring.  He didn’t even brush his teeth.  I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve used the words “passed out” to describe him, but he was.  I had a nice hot shower and brushed my teeth 4 times before I settled in.  Last time I looked at the clock was 4:08.  The next time I saw it was 7:35.  Crap. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  I had nothing to do but sleep and enjoy the dark and cool of the room nestled in between the covers.  Noooo.  Cap’n Snores Alot kept that from happening. So, I was up.  I learned a new craft, more on that later, so I worked on the piece I was working on and decided it was time to get him up and feed him.  After all, it was 10:00 a.m.  I was hungry.  He dragged his glassy-eyed self into the shower and we went down for breakfast.  He ate about half his waffle and said he needed to go back to bed.  So much for sight seeing and we went back up.  He woke up again about 1:00 feeling much better and looking a little less pale.  Of course he was hungry so we went across the street and had lunch and came back and got gussied up for the wedding.  He looks so handsome all dressed up.  I don’t think anyone took a picture of us, though. I can’t remember if we did or not, I haven’t checked the camera. 

Wedding was nice.   We had conflicting directions from the girls at the hotel.  The ceremony was at Rutledge Chapelon the campus of USC.  Everyone kept saying, “It’s at the horseshoe.”  Perfect.  So tell me where the horseshoe is and how to get there.  Finally I plugged the visitor center into Roxy (my GPS) and she got us to campus.  The last tidbit the hotel girl gave was, “it’s the orange colored building.”  Thanks, Einstein.  Every.freaking.building.was.orange.  We looked out of place and this guy with this booming voice said, “What are you looking for?  I used to go here.”  We told him and he said, “I have no idea.  Somewhere here in the horseshoe.”  Thanks.  We made it with time to spare.  Sadly, it took us 24 minutes to go 1.1 mile, park and walk.  20 minutes later, we were heading back to the car to go to the reception.  Good DJ and the food was phenomenal.  I must say, I’ve never been to a reception with such a wide variety and I certainly enjoyed it.

That evening, Will and I had dinner, just the two of us, for my birthday.  We had dinner at Ruth’s Chris. Oh, yummy.  Yummy.  Yummy.  We ate until we simply couldn’t eat anymore.  They brought me the most delicious chocolate mousse whipped mile high cake thingy with a chocolate crust, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate cookie as my birthday treat.  Heaven on a plate.  We also had the fresh berries with sweet cream, which was a delightful complement to the richness and darkness of the chocolate.   If I had to venture a guess, I bet we ate/drank approximately 50,000 calories this weekend.  I gained four pounds.  Yes, the four I lost last week are now back and shoved into my jeans. 

We got home yesterday and enjoyed a quiet evening.  Me and my new project and Will and his heating pad for his back.  We pick up Olivia and PomPom this afternoon and it will be back to business as usual.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend.