Just in time for the upcoming weekend.

Loved the trip to Ikea with Shannon. I had no idea that 366,000 square feet could hold so much stuff! Not sure what I was expecting but it was fun.fun.fun. I managed to pick up a “few” things for the homestead but nothing super duper outrageous. If I hadn’t found a good deal on duvet covers for the silk quilts we bought in Beijing, I would not have gone over my budget. So, I don’t really count that as it was something I wasn’t expecting to find. Justified.

The trip was pretty uneventful on the way down until we got just outside Atlanta and holy moly. There were about 6 or so little souped up, tricked out cars – just like The Fast and the Furious. Oh, my. They lined up in the two far left lanes and STOPPED on the interstate as the rest of us were cruisng oh, let’s say, 75 mph. We heard their little engines roar and they took off racing shooting across 5 lanes of traffic to an exit ramp. Suh-weet.

We stayed at Hy@tt Pl@ce and it was a great stay for such a bargain price. According to the front desk guy, Hy@tt bought out A merisu ites and are in the process of renovating them into little mini suites. Gotta love laying in bed with your feather pillows, comfy down quilt watching a 42″ t.v. for only $62/night. Yep. $62. Love a bargain.

After a marathon day of shopping and learning that Atlanta puts signs way up high so you miss 16th Street and I-85, we enjoyed a great dinner at Lisa’s after going up to the outside of the lower outer loop and back again. She and Eammon are wonderful hosts and such fun people to be around. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard since my trip to the mountains with the Tiara Girls in September. Dinner was spicy and delicious. Her homemade, from scratch brownies to die for!!! I loved them. Thank you for being such gracious hosts. Can’t wait to do it again.

Sunday we loaded our bags into the car amongst our loot and headed home. I came home with some home goodies, a double ear infection, upper respiratory infection and “an infected throat” (a.k.a. strep). O and I have both been under the weather this week and, bless her heart, she was so hoarse when she cried it was just a shriek. So, mega-antibiotics, decongestants and lots of rest later, we’re getting back on our feet.

Other than being sick, it was a fun, fun time.